• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls!

Summary:Kawakami City is famous for its strong dedication to its samurai ancestors. A healthy fighting spirit is always valued and it's even an important factor for success at school. Yamato, a second year student from Kawakami Highchool is always with his close friends (4 boys and 3 girls). They have all known each other since they were young and have done many things together. While they have many other friends, this group of seven is a close-knit, inseparable group. They even have a secret base where they meet. With the new semester, they welcome two girls into their group and shortly after things begin to change...

12 episodes

The first episode just came out. I enjoyed it a lot. This was my 2nd most anticipated anime for the fall, behind Boku Wa Tomodachi. The first episode did not waste any time putting us in direct action. Its nice to see the main guy being the smarts of the group not the typical strongest of the group as it usually is in shonen animes. It was also nice to see that it won't be a harem anime. The group will have 5 girls, 4 guys, and a robot I think. I found it funny when the Robot changed and you hear Jun Fukuyama's voice. I was thinking o shoot its Leleouch inside a knightmare lol. People who watched These are my noble masters will be surprised to see that spoiler[Ageha Kuki made an apperance and got beaten down easily by Momoyo]

[EDIT: Parentheses, not brackets. -TK]
Eivion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:36 am Reply with quote
I'm not really sure what this one is going to be about, but I thought the first episode was pretty fun. I like that the lead character is a strategist.
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Everytime I see this name I can't help but think of

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIII MAJIDE! Laughing

Gosh dangit, I want more of that tv show. It was such a good, fun summer show.

Oh, yeah, wait, anime. Er... because of it's name it shall forever be referred to in my mind as "that anime that shares the same name as that fun gameshow but is about fighting girls"? Hell, I probably won't even remember those last five words.

The first review on here at least paints it more interesting than the initial synopsis. Maybe I'll check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:49 am Reply with quote
I always groan a bit with the "the weapons don't kill" explanation. They're using swords, arrows, staffs, batons, and everything else, including apparent "killer moves" to fully engage the other class, but it's alright, all that can really be inflicted are various aches and pains. groan.

and as amusing as the robot was I have to wonder if using one counts as being dedicated to samurai arts.

I give it another episode to see the school half of things but I don't think this one will be on my play card for long.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bored_Ming

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
I always groan a bit with the "the weapons don't kill" explanation.

Dog Days popped into my head when I heard that. I was thinking hmmm....Ikki Tousen Days?

The action was entertaining but so far the story is thin. Not the best or worst so far this season. I'll give it a couple more episodes.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I don't know if this show is being serious or not, I found myself laughing at quite a lot of it because how it was like other shows thrown together and the drama felt pretty silly. I couldn't really take it very seriously, but were we meant to take it seriously? What was the deal with the talking horse thing? What was the point of it all?

I will likely watch just to find out more. Also there was spanking, who says it does not pop up in anime.
braskez

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Pretty good first episode, but still have nooo idea what is going on. Oh well, I'll find out soon enough. Definitively going to keep watching.
Nosferatu21

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:19 am Reply with quote
I found this to be one of the funniest shows of the new season. There's no way this can actually be serious. I mean I'm pretty sure the robot is named Cookie and it tossed Yamato a lightsaber. I'll be watching this show no matter what. If it's meant to be funny, it's working for me and if it's meant to be serious then I get to laugh at how badly they're failing. Either way this show is guilty pleasure. There's nothing like character "introductions" done in a warzone scenario with people getting demolished by weapons and special techniques that only hurt them and won't kill them. The "Human Bomb" technique had absolutely 0 effect on the person who supposedly blew up. You can't find this kind of possibly unintentional hilarity just anywhere. Laughing

edited to add: I didn't make it more than 1 minute into episode 2 before laughing like an immature teenage boy. Yeah safe to say this isn't intended to be serious. Laughing at the cocky substitution technique.
TheSwedishElf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm done. Way to kill my interest after less than two episodes, show.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1