• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GoHands Reveals Original Anime Project Momentary Lily With January 2025 Premiere

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bertram

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:32 am Reply with quote
Ryuu14 wrote:
There's a difference between something "not appealing to someone" and "giving someone motion sickness".
The first episode of Hand Shakers made me feel physically sick, which is something that no other anime has "achieved" before. And I'm by far not the only person who felt like that, so people like me will obviously have a very negative opinion of GoHands which will in turn give them a very negative reputation.
Also, from what I can see, the majority of people(who are voicing their opinion) think it looks like garbage, even if they don't get sick from it.

It's still personal opinion. Some people swear by the Spider-Verse movies but all the chroma aberration in them makes my eyes strain and I hate it and they just look ugly.

People should remember that a lot of things people "universally" hate are probably not that universal. Transformers, Resident Evil, Twilight. You can find tons of people hating on those films but they obviously made a ton of money and have their fans. I assume Go Hands is the same which is why they keep getting work. Generally the stuff that gets the most hate are the stuff that's already massively popular. You'd think Justin Bieber wasn't a Platinum record singer with all the hate he got back in the day.
Nachtwandler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:59 am Reply with quote
While I have not watched anything from the studio since Seitokai Yakuindomo S2 (which I have not finished) I think the hate about them is a bit overblown. Apparently, both shows they made last year were pretty decent and I am fine with their general style as long as the actuall animation does not drop to much (like in a few K episodes). If the new show is my cup of tea plotwise, I will check it out (judging by PV and key visual it may be a mahou shoujo series).
JustMonika

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:17 am Reply with quote
Some of the best animation I've ever seen was in The Girl I Like Forgot Her Glasses which is the anime I've watched from GoHands. I gave that one a 10/10 and consider it highly underrated. I bet all the people badmouthing this God Tier studio never watched it.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Another GH work. I'll be watching, but I do wish to get something as exciting as K again. Just hope this doesn't turn into Momentary Delay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3