• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kannagi.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kornpone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:06 am Reply with quote
My pleasure Emerje!

Thanks Kunisaki Shugo for bringing up the point about the Shintô-themed ED: I'll get around to discussing this more fully at some point. . .

A quick note about Zange/Hakua: if you happen to have ep 3 handy, take a look at the last five minutes, when Zange-chan makes her very first appearance ever. Notice anything odd about the way she seems to be talking to herself? Since I'm watching the Japanese broadcast I'm not sure how the subs handle things like this, but it's quite a conversation she's having --and if you know about the Hakua-connection then it's obvious what's going on, and thatspoiler[their bargain is that Zange will help Hakua get Jin in exchange for Hakua letting Zange 'possess' her]. It's quite a setup Wink
kornpone

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:15 am Reply with quote
Patachu wrote:
Idolm@ster has a go at motto hade ni ne.

I swear I will never get tired of this song. Laughing

Thanks for the link Patachu-- first Hatsune Miku and now this! --And you know, I hate saying this given what a super job she's doing on the voice acting and vocals on both songs, but Tomatsu Haruka's OP PV is really the weakest of them all. . . Anime catgrin
frodonk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:53 am Reply with quote
would ep10 be considered a filler more than any other previous episodes? after nagi sang i was half expecting a song about pizza hut but fortunately i wasn't able to see any other product placement song. (does that product/store really exist?) Very Happy

and they replaced the ED this time! i was always looking forward to hearing that song at the end, since i can't find a full version of it anywhere.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Mostly, yes, but there was at least one key moment (for me anyway). spoiler[It's really looking like Zange and Hakua are competing against each other, certainly when they left the room to decide on a song.]

I seriously came close to choking on my cereal watching this episode especially during spoiler[Daitetsu and Nagi's performances. As well as what I'm guessing was a Lucky Star cameo (still haven't seen that yet). Laughing ]

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
motaku96

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote
You know i couldn't care less if Kannagi is full of fillers. I haven't read the manga anyway. I'm having so much fun with these supposed fillers that I don't care if the story ever makes any progress. Really, I think the fillers are more enjoyable than the serious episodes.
Oh My God(dess)! I was giddy with joy at seeing spoiler[the lucky star cameo. I seriously couldn't stop smiling after I saw that. I know its creepy. I haven't noticed before, is Kannagi made by Kyoto Animations? Well, whatever, that was the most incredible crossover I've seen since Haruhi in Lucky Star(I'm talking about the commercial and konata doing the hare hare yukai). Well does that mean Kannagi takes place in the same reality as lucky star?(does konata watch lolikko cutie too?) probably not, more like the director just having fun, like all those other references. Man, I'd like to see Nagi vs. Haruhi. One doesn't know she's a god(or has godly powers) and the other makes it a fact to prove that she's a god. they're both abusive to the male leads(Jin & Kyon). Haruhi would love to meet Nagi for sure(because of the whole supernatural thing). I'm not sure they'd get along though. They're personalities are too similar and they'd be at each other's throats to get their own way.]
Westlo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:50 am Reply with quote
It's not filler, I heard about the Karaoke manga chapter ages ago.
kornpone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:20 am Reply with quote
frodonk wrote:
and they replaced the ED this time! i was always looking forward to hearing that song at the end, since i can't find a full version of it anywhere.

Ask and you shall. . . Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t3ceF_ywPk&feature=related&fmt=18
frodonk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
yeeey!!! finally!

that made my day (or night, since its 2am here right now)

many thanks for the link! i've been searching for that and only found the one on youtube that is 1:30 mins long, which is also the tv sized one Very Happy
Showsni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:35 pm Reply with quote
So, were the songs used in episode 10 actual pop songs/anime themes/advertisement jingles, or were they written for this show? I ask because I have next to no knowledge of Japanese music/supermarket commercials.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quote
motaku96 wrote:
Oh My God(dess)! I was giddy with joy at seeing spoiler[the lucky star cameo. I seriously couldn't stop smiling after I saw that. I know its creepy. I haven't noticed before, is Kannagi made by Kyoto Animations? ]

The director for Kannagi was the director for the first four episodes of Lucky Star.
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:00 am Reply with quote
Showsni wrote:
So, were the songs used in episode 10 actual pop songs/anime themes/advertisement jingles, or were they written for this show? I ask because I have next to no knowledge of Japanese music/supermarket commercials.

Made for the show.
Skylark

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quote
MAME KUE! MAME!

LOL

sorry. But jesus that part had me laughing so hard that i tasted blood. That was excellent. Also Daitetsu's singing was win, although I kind of saw it coming that he would be awesome.

tou chan mo jii chan mo baa chaaaan mooo.... LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
padjoy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quote
After watching the first part of ep 10, I just lost the will to continue watching it. I'll just check this thread every now and then to check if something good happens.
Westlo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:07 am Reply with quote
There will be progression over the next 3 episodes if it does the 7 chapters that came after the Karaoke manga chapter. And going by the episode titles it will.
kornpone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quote
Glad to be of service frodonk Wink

That vid of the ED is really something-- not only do you get the lyric for the first 90 seconds, but you also get to see the inside of the special Kannagi version of the single booklet. Bravo! Quite a public service, whoever went to all that trouble.

(And ain't the rest of the song just swell? There's more to the lyric, of course, as well as the brilliant match up of a solo cello with the chant at the end --but I'll get around to talking more about this later. . . )

As Westlo indicated, Nagi's bean jingle and the temporary ED replacement supermarket song are indeed both original to the series, so in all likelihood we'll get "Musuhi no Toki" back again next time in its proper ED slot Very Happy

All in all ep 10 was really just too much fun-- the full version of the OP playing in the bathrooms, the surprise cameo, the eye-opening song selections and performances ("Kawaii --kedo kimoi!" LOL), Shino's excuse (!): all absolutely excellent. Slipping in the supermarket song at the end (to satisfy the viewer's curiosity after Jin's comments about Nagi's CD rental preferences) was just icing on the cake.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8